“There is a saying in Irish,”We are strongest when we work together”. And, I really feel in my heart that this is what this whole community is helping us to do.”
ABOUT THE NIHR COUNTRY DELEGATION PANEL ON ECD FOR PEACEBUILDING
6 Part II. Delegation Panel discussion: Supporting the development of ECD programs for peacebuilding: Experiences from the NIHR Global Health Research Group
dunne et al, Queen’s Univ belfast
- Moderator: Learn more about ECPC affiliate, Laura Dunne, PhD, Associate Professor of Education at Queen’s University Belfast and her expertise and work in program evaluation and design.
- Delegation panelists: (To learn more, click on the name of each panelist below.)
Inas Hegazi, PhD, is the ECD Manager at UNICEF Egypt Country Office. She is recognized for her expertise in policy development, advocacy and sector wide reforms for promoting the rights of children as established under the CRC and other international frameworks.
Chinara Dzhumagulova, PhD, is ECD Officer at UNICEF Kyrgyzstan Country Office. She has 29 years of experience in the areas of education and youth program development, teacher training and management, advocacy, and monitoring and evaluation.
Isaaka Sagara, MD, Head Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Data Management Unit, Malaria Research and Training CNT, University Bamako-USTTB, Mali
Jamshed Kurbonov, MSSW, is Education Officer at UNICEF Tajikistan Country Office. He is responsible for ensuring overall efficiency and effectiveness of the early childhood education programme management, delivery and accomplishment through effective planning, monitoring and evaluation, and partnership initiatives, including strengthening the capacity of education authorities and stakeholders to implement programmes that facilitate provision of accessible, inclusive and quality ECE services.
Joao da Costa, MBA, is Monitoring and Evaluation Officer, UNICEF Timor-Leste Country Office. His areas of professional skills include Programme Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation, Capacity building on Results Based Management (RBM), Human Rights-Based Approach to Programming, and more.
Phan Thi Thu Hien, MD, Dean ECD Department, Ho Chi Minh City Univ of Education, Vietnam
Learn more about the Queen’s University Belfast, LINKS broader program of work and associated material.
ABOUT THE ECPC CONFERENCE SPEAKER VIDEO SERIES
- Be informed. Meet the conference presenters who share with you their knowledge, generated from the front lines of this burgeoning field of peacebuilding through early childhood development (ECD). Read their biographies and access additional learning materials.
- Get involved. Help us pave the road to hope and The Culture of Peace by sharing these series videos with your friends and colleagues.
- Build peace! Take the ECPC Pledge of Action for Peace, launched by conference speaker, Miss Lames Abdelrahman, IRIS Refugee Ambassador from The Sudan.