April 20, 2019
“I pledge to be a global citizen and help bring peace for one and all by treating all children with love, hope and kindness.”
Miss Lames Abdelrahman, 11-year old IRIS Refugee Ambassador from Sudan, shares with us her long journey to the US, her wishes and future dreams. She has been honored to launch the ECPC Pledge to Action for Peace, with the help of her mentor, Will Kneerim, Director of Education IRIS, and friend, Dr. James F. Leckman, professor at the Yale Child Study Center.
- Learn more about Integrated Refugee and Immigrant Services (IRIS).
5:55 ENG / Subtitles
Photo: Melanie Stengel
ABOUT THE ECPC CONFERENCE SPEAKER VIDEO SERIES
Watch 14 compelling talks by 25 world champions in evidence-based science and practice, education, human migration, web technology and media. Learn why they join together in expertise to pave a road to hope and build pathways to peace through the transformative power of children and families. Hear them sound the global call to action as they launch the ECPC Pledge to Action for Peace.
- Be informed. Meet the conference presenters who share with you their knowledge, generated from the front lines of this burgeoning field of peacebuilding through early childhood development (ECD). Read their biographies and access additional learning materials.
- Get involved. Help us pave the road to hope and The Culture of Peace by sharing these series videos with your friends and colleagues.
- Build peace! Take the ECPC Pledge of Action for Peace, launched by conference speaker, Miss Lames Abdelrahman, IRIS Refugee Ambassador from The Sudan.
This ECPC event was organized by and made possible with support from Queen’s University Belfast LINKS, Yale University, UNICEF and the ECPC.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Distinguished ECPC affiliated presenters join us from the halls of Yale University (Child Study Center, the MacMillan Center for Area Studies, Web Services) Queen’s University Belfast, the United Nations, The Global Movement for The Culture of Peace, UNICEF, Sesame Workshop, ACEV-Mother Child Education Foundation, IRIS-Integrated Refugee and Immigrant Services, and the NGO Committee on Migration.
ABOUT THE EARLY CHILDHOOD PEACE CONSORTIUM (ECPC)
The ECPC was established to grow a global movement for peace, social justice and prevention of violence through using evidence-informed strategies to enable the world community to advance peace, security and sustainable development. We must address root causes of violence and conflict, and we must empower children and families to be agents of change to advance social cohesion and peace.
JOIN the ECPC!
- Subscribe to the ECPC eNewsletter
- Follow us on Facebook
- Follow us on Twitter
- Follow us on iTunes
- Follow us on YouTube
- “Euphoria” by Crutchfield
- “Cinematic Motivation Trailer” by StudioKoloma
- Audio remastery by Audio Visual 7