Read the new ECPC publication, "Contributions of ECD programming to sustainable peace & development" that exemplifies the role of early childhood development (ECD) in supporting the achievement of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), in particular, Goal 16.
From Sesame Street to the front lines of evidence-based science and practice, comes real hope for building more peaceful societies using early childhood development strategies. A global team of 25 ECPC affiliated experts reveal a proven theory of change and sound a global call to action in this new 14-part video series.
Join us in building an inclusive movement for peace, social justice and prevention of violence through using early childhood development strategies that enable the world community to advocate peace, security and sustainable development. Join our newsletter for breaking news, delivered directly to your inbox.
Co-edited by ECPC members and published by MIT Press, "Pathways to Peace: The Transformative Power of Children & Families" is a global collection of scholarly work that investigates ways in which children are raised as critical factors that can inform a community’s tendency toward peace versus conflict.
In the news
ECPC Podcast series "Pathways to Peace"
Building 'The Culture of Peace'
‘Culture of Peace’/paths to peace
Empowering children & families
Ecology & biology of peace
PBEA Learning for Peace
Child development programs across the globe
- The promise of early child development (ECD)
- Exemplars: ECD programs
- ECD program designs/evaluations
What science says
- The Beginning of Life (DOCU)
- Pathways to Peace (MIT Press)
- Children & families can build a more peaceful world (NDCAD)
- Advancing early childhood development (The Lancet series)
Theory of change
- Theory of change: ECD to peace
- Economic benefits of ECD investments
- Institutional capacity development
- Sustainable development
- Exemplars: Impact on global policy
Raising hope for vulnerable children & families
- Violence prevention/peace promotion
- Child protection & advocacy
- Child refugees & migrants
- Child trafficking
Emerging areas of science & innovation
- Emerging areas of science
- Global & regional networks
- Low- & middle-income country interventions
- Power/role of media & technology
- Empowering youth leaders
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
For breaking news and to stay connected, follow us on social media. Sign up to get our E-News delivered straight to your inbox.