Known to many as the Father of The Culture of Peace, H.E. Ambassador K. Chowdhury speaks to the urgency of the times and issues a call for global transformative action. He paves the way forward to a new UN resolution by asserting that investing in the early years of life is crucial if we are to build sustainable peace by fostering generations of reconciliation.
H.E. Ambassador Anwarul K. Chowdhury has devoted many years as an inspirational champion for sustainable peace and development and ardently advancing the cause of the global movement for the culture of peace that has energized civil society all over the world.
As a career diplomat, Permanent Representative to United Nations, President of the UN Security Council, President of UNICEF Board, UN Under-Secretary-General, the Senior Special Advisor to the UN General Assembly President, and recipient of the U Thant Peace Award, UNESCO Gandhi Gold Medal for Culture of Peace, Spirit of the UN Award and University of Massachusetts Boston Chancellor’s Medal for Global Leadership for Peace, Ambassador Chowdhury has a wealth of experience in the critical issues of our time - peace, sustainable development, and human rights.
-Learn more about the history and global movement for The Culture of Peace.
33:17 ENG / Subtitles
ABOUT THE ECPC CONFERENCE SPEAKER VIDEO SERIES
Watch 14 compelling talks by 25 world champions in evidence-based science and practice, education, human migration, web technology and media. Learn why they join together in expertise to pave a road to hope and build pathways to peace through the transformative power of children and families. Hear them sound the global call to action as they launch the ECPC Pledge to Action for Peace.
- Be informed. Meet the conference presenters who share with you their knowledge, generated from the front lines of this burgeoning field of peacebuilding through early childhood development (ECD). Read their biographies and access additional learning materials.
- Get involved. Help us pave the road to hope and The Culture of Peace by sharing these series videos with your friends and colleagues.
- Build peace! Take the ECPC Pledge of Action for Peace, launched by conference speaker, Miss Lames Abdelrahman, IRIS Refugee Ambassador from The Sudan.
ABOUT THE SPEAKERS
Distinguished ECPC affiliated presenters join us from the halls of Yale University (Child Study Center, the MacMillan Center for Area Studies, Web Services) Queen’s University Belfast, the United Nations, The Global Movement for The Culture of Peace, UNICEF, Sesame Workshop, ACEV-Mother Child Education Foundation, IRIS-Integrated Refugee and Immigrant Services, and the NGO Committee on Migration.
ABOUT THE EARLY CHILDHOOD PEACE CONSORTIUM (ECPC)
The ECPC was established to grow a global movement for peace, social justice and prevention of violence through using evidence-informed strategies to enable the world community to advance peace, security and sustainable development. We must address root causes of violence and conflict, and we must empower children and families to be agents of change to advance social cohesion and peace.
JOIN the ECPC!
- “Euphoria” by Crutchfield
- “Cinematic Motivation Trailer” by StudioKoloma
- Audio remastery by Audio Visual 7