“We need to work together in a coordinated manner to build a common strategy in a rule of society approach. ECD we know is a right choice, also in a migration context, because if we change the beginning of the story, we change the full story.”
ABOUT MARIA PIA BELLONI MIGNATI
Maria Pia Belloni Mignati holds a Master’s degree in Political Science, cum laude, from the University of Pavia (Italy) and a Diploma of Advanced European Studies from the College of Europe, Bruges, Belgium. She is a retired Professor of European Union Law, Faculty of Political Science, at the University of Pavia (Italy).
Positions held by Dr. Mignatti include: Chair, UN NGO Committee on Migration; UN Representative, World Organization for Early Childhood Education (OMEP); Member of the Steering Committee “Initiative for Child Rights in the Global Compacts”, Geneva, Switzerland; and Member of the Advisory Group of the Early Childhood Development Peace Consortium (ECPC).
Dr. Mignatti has published books and articles on different aspects of the European Union integration, mainly about migration policy.
maria Pia Belloni Mignati
- Forced Migration Review. (2019). Education needs, rights and access in displacement
- United Nations. (2018). Global compact for safe, orderly and regular migration. New York: United Nations.
- Moving Minds Alliance. (2018). ECD and early learning for children in crisis and conflict
- IOM UN Migration. (2018). Migration and the 2030 Agenda. A guide for practitioners.
- United Nations. (2016). New York Declaration for Refugees and Migrants (A/RES/71/1). New York
- United Nations. (2015). Transforming our world: The 2030 agenda for sustainable development (A/Res/70/1). New York: United Nations.
- UN Refugee Agency (UNHCR). The global compact on refugees.
- International Rescue Committee and Sesame Street
- UNICEF, Learning for Peace Program
- ACEV Program (Mother and Child Education Program)
- iACT-Little Ripples
- UNHCR implemented ECD programs in refugees camps in Rwanda
- Syrian Arab Red Crescent (SARC) and the Aga Khan Development Network (AKDN), organized the program Me and My Child in Crisis
- Moving Minds Alliance
ABOUT THE ECPC CONFERENCE SPEAKER VIDEO SERIES
- Be informed. Meet the conference presenters who share with you their knowledge, generated from the front lines of this burgeoning field of peacebuilding through early childhood development (ECD). Read their biographies and access additional learning materials.
- Get involved. Help us pave the road to hope and The Culture of Peace by sharing these series videos with your friends and colleagues.
- Build peace! Take the ECPC Pledge of Action for Peace, launched by conference speaker, Miss Lames Abdelrahman, IRIS Refugee Ambassador from The Sudan.