ECPC panel session flyer
C20 Summit 2020
On Saturday October 10, international experts from the Early Childhood Peace Consortium (ECPC) discussed early childhood development (ECD) strategies in relation to COVID-19 at this year’s Civil Society 20 (C20)’s virtual annual summit. The C20 predicted that “This year’s summit is sure to be the biggest virtual gather of thousands of civil society leaders and change makers in the G20 process”.
ECPC Panel Session | COVID-19 Response & Recovery
Promising ECD program development, evaluation and implementation
- Rima Salah, PhD (0:01)—ECPC Chairperson, Assistant Clinical Professor in the Yale Child Study Center, former Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations, former Deputy Executive Director of UNICEF, and former member of the United Nations High-Level Independent Panel on Peace Operations
- James F. Leckman, MD, PhD (13:54)—Neison Harris Professor of Child Psychiatry, Psychiatry, Pediatrics and Psychology in the Yale Child Study Center
- Siobhán Fitzpatrick, CBE (30:34)—Former Chief Executive Officer, Early Years - the organisation for young children (N. Ireland)
- Nada Elattar, MPH (41:20)—Early Childhood Development Specialist - Emergencies, UNICEF
- Ghassan Issa, MD (52:32)—Co-founder and the General Coordinator of an Arab regional non-governmental organization, Director of ANECD—the Arab Network for Early Childhood Development (Lebanon)
- Ana Tenorio, MA, MS (1:02:46)—Global Technical Director, Education, TSO, World Vision International (Representing ECPC Advisory Board member, Dilshan Manoj Annaraj, World Vision International)
- Conclusion (1:14:44)
► READ the 21-page C20 Summit ECPC panel session report: “The State of the COVID-19 Pandemic on the World’s Most Vulnerable Children.
- The world’s response and recovery to COVID-19,
- Economic and social justice,
- Sustainable development,
- Protection of human rights as well as the accountability, and
- transparency of governments across the world.