NABLUS, Palestine, 4-5 November 2019—The Palestinian Institute for Childhood at An-Najah National University launched the the International Conference on Childhood, which was entitled "Children, Hope, Peace". The conference hosted a large number of international and local experts having specialization in the field of childhood.
The conference was led by Dr. Ali Shaar, Director of the Palestinian Institute for Children and ECPC Advisory Board member.
Excerpt from the Conference Concept Note
ECPC member speakers
The list of distinguished speakers who presented on evidence-based science and practice included ECPC members:
- Rima Salah, PhD—Chairperson, ECPC; Former Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations, Former Deputy Executive Director of UNICEF, Former Deputy Special Representative of the Secretary-General to the U.N. mission in Central African Republic and Chad, served on the United Nations High-Level Independent Panel on Peace Operations, currently in the Yale Child Study Center
- Najat Maalla M’jid, MD—Special Representative of the UN Secretary-General on Violence Against Children
- James F. Leckman, MD, PhD—Neison Harris Professor in the Yale Child Study Center and Professor of Pediatrics, Child and Adolescent Psychiatry and Psychology
- Paul Connolly, PhD—Dean of Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Lancaster University; Formerly at Queen's University Belfast
- Sarah Miller, PhD—Associate Professor of Education, Queen's University Belfast
To view the full speaker list, please refer to the Conference Concept Note.
►Read the comprehensive list of conference working papers.
►Watch the presentation videos by global and regional experts
- An overview of the Palestinian Institute for children (ARA)
- Speech of the UN Special Representative of the Secretary-General on Violence against Children (ARA)
- Ms. Hana Rabade - World Vision (ENG)
- Professor James Leckman - Yale University (ENG)
- Dr. Lenah Habbab Albana (ARA)
- Palestinian Red Crescent Society (ARA / Eng subtitles)
- Professor Joshua Seder - California University (ENG)
- Professor Paul Conolly - Queens University Belfast (ENG)
- Dr. Ghassan Issa - Arab ECD Network (ARA / Eng subtitles)
- Dr. Mohmad Matar - Ministry of Education (ARA)
- Dr. Ehab Shkuri - Ministry of Education (ARA)
*Bolded = ECPC member presentation