Date & Time:
Tuesday, March 9, 2021 - 8:00am to 9:30am
Add to Calendar
Overview of the ECE Accelerator Toolkit
Achieving the ambition of universal access to quality pre-primary education under the Sustainable Development Goal 4.2 is not an easy feat. To accelerate progress towards this ambition, there is an urgent need to prioritize pre-primary education/early childhood education (ECE) so that it is systematically integrated and/or strengthened within national budgets and cycles of education sector planning and policy implementation.
The ECE Accelerator Toolkit is a key resource that can support this approach and strengthen countries’ capacity to better analyze, plan and implement quality ECE programmes at scale. Among its various features, this toolkit provides interactive, customizable and action-oriented tools that support the “how-to” of education sector analysis and planning for ECE, such as fit-for-purpose indicators, checklists, templates, and guiding questions that may be populated with recommendations provided in real-time. As a user-friendly and knowledge-sharing “living platform”, the content of the toolkit is available open-source for downloading, translation and contextualization.
This webinar builds on the “Smart Scaling of Pre-primary Education: Launching the Global ECE Accelerator Toolkit” event and is the first of a series of webinars to delve deeper into the toolkit.
This introductory webinar aims to:
- Give an overview of the background, purpose and contents of the ECE Accelerator Toolkit;
- Orient participants to the contents of the toolkit.
This is your chance to learn more about how the toolkit can accompany you in your ECE systems strengthening journey to:
- Strengthen political will for ECE and understanding of the ECE subsector
- Conduct ECE data and policy mapping and analysis
- Establish an ECE subsector vision to inform planning
- Develop and appraise ECE subsector plans
- Report ECE progress and engage in review processes