Date & Time:
Thursday, December 10, 2020 - 8:30am
Add to Calendar
Harnessing Global Data for Young Children brings together researchers, policymakers and implementers to leverage the power of global data to advance young children’s learning and development.
The @GlobalData4Kids Project — led by the Universities of Oxford and the Witwatersrand — is launching their first public webinar, hosted by ECDAN.
Presentations will focus on available data on young children from low and middle-income countries to enable stakeholders to improve early development, learning and pre-primary education through better understanding of determinants of and risks to children’s development, economic consequences and policy and legal frameworks to address them.
• The need for better global data across the period of early childhood.
• Challenges in measuring participation in pre-primary education.
• Measuring Early Childhood Development in household surveys: A synthesis of internationally comparable data.
• Data on financing ECD and ECE.
• Economic Costs of preschool closures due to COVID-19.
• How data can be used to advance human rights law for young.
• Data on policies to support children and families.