The Yale Undergraduates for UNICEF’s annual spring conference is on Child Trafficking, with a special emphasis on Connecticut.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Raymond Bechard (author of the Berlin Turnpike),
- Jillian Gilchret (chair of Trafficking in Persons Council for the Connecticut General Assembly),
- Reid Maki (coordinator of the Child Labor Coalition <http://www.stopchildlabor.org/>),
- Viktoria Curbello (NYC Community engagement fellow for UNICEF),
- Yvette Young (Project Director/Human Anti-trafficking Response Team for the village for families and children), and
- Sarala Nagala (deputy chief of the Major Crimes and National Security Unit of the United States Attorney’s Office) among others.
The conference is comprised of panels centered on health, legal enforcement and child labor, with talks on the intersection of technology and trafficking and on child labor. The conference concludes with a “current voices” panel with a special emphasis on trafficking in New Haven, in coordination with Love146 Directors.