Date & Time:
Thursday, June 9, 2022 - 2:00pm
Add to Calendar
The Center for Disaster Philanthropy is hosting a webinar to highlight how funders can support child development across the globe, with a particular focus on children in CHEs. It will explore promising practices for supporting children in crisis, examine the gaps in service delivery and discuss funding opportunities.
At the end of the webinar, funders will:
- Have an increased understanding of the issues affecting children in crisis.
- Identify ways to support early childhood development amid violence, conflict, displacement and poverty.
- Learn more about current needs and issues from case studies, including Afghanistan.
- While aimed at funders, it may also be of interest to emergency managers, academics, disaster responders and NGO staff interested in or working on disasters and other crises.
CDP Vice President Regine A. Webster will moderate the discussion.
- Hannah Green, Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Technical Advisor, Save the Children (based in Afghanistan)
- Dr. Ghassan Issa, General Coordinator, Arab Network for Early Childhood and Arab Resource Collective
- Lydia Mubiru, Early Childhood Development Specialist
This webinar is co-sponsored by Giving Compass, Alliance Magazine, Peace and Security Funders Group, Human Rights Funders Network, Network of Engaged International Donors, United Philanthropy Forum and Philanthropy New York.