Date & Time:
Wednesday, November 25, 2020 - 10:00am to 11:15am
Add to Calendar
This event is part of the MMM #RaiseAPen campaign which answers the call of mothers in Afghanistan for the continued right to education for their daughters.
Backed by key global personalities and organisations, the campaign supports education for women and girls not only because it is a fundamental human right and remains central across all political divides globally, but also because it is a key condition for development and building peace.
- Anne-Claire de Liedekerke: President MMM
- Rahela Sidiqi: Founder & Director Farkhunda Trust for Afghan Women’s Education, MMM Associate Member and campaign partner
- H.E Rangina Hamidi: Minister of Education I.R of Afghanistan
- Stefania Giannini: UNESCO Assistant Director General of Education
- Ambassador Melanne Verveer: Executive Director Georgetown Institute for Women, Peace and Security
- Ambassador Mohammad Wali Naeemi: Deputy Permanent Representative of I.R of Afghanistan to the UN
- Staffan de Mistura: Former UN Special Envoy to Afghanistan
- Moderator: Mary Kaldor, Professor of Global Governance and CEO of the Conflict Research Program, IDEAS, London School of Economics and Political Science