Date & Time:
Wednesday, July 17, 2019 - 1:15pm to 2:45pm
Add to Calendar
Danny Kaye Visitor’s Centre, UNICEF House
3 UN PlazaNew York City, New York 10017
A side event at the High-Level Political Forum for Sustainable Development
This event on the margins of the High-Level Political Forum for Sustainable Development will highlight early childhood (age 0-6) as a critical window of opportunity to invest in the “triple nexus” of humanitarian response, sustainable development, and peace and security. Presenters will discuss the science and evidence base for investing early, including how early childhood programs and services contribute to multiple SDGs as well as to the Culture of Peace.
- H.E. Masud Bin Momen, Permanent Representative of Bangladesh to the United Nations
- Dr. Anita Asiimwe, Coordinator, National Early Childhood Development Program, Rwanda
- Omar Abdi, Deputy Executive Director, UNICEF
- Charles Nelson, Ph.D., Director of Research at Boston Children’s Hospital; Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School
- Joan Lombardi, Ph.D., Director, Early Opportunities LLC; former US Deputy Assistant Secretary for Early Childhood Development (2009-2011) [Moderator]
- Rima Salah, Ph.D., Chair, Early Childhood Peace Consortium; former Assistant Secretary-General of the United Nations
Additional speakers to be announced.
Register online by no later than 5 July at http://bit.ly/SmallAsks
This event will be held in English. Attendance is by registration only, as space is limited. A light lunch will served.