- Susan Harris MacKay, Pedagogical Director, Museum Center for Learning and Opal School, Portland Children’s Museum
- Jack Shonkoff, Julius B. Richmond FAMRI Professor of Child Health and Development, HGSE and Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health; Professor of Pediatrics, Harvard Medical School and Boston Children’s Hospital; Director, Center on the Developing Child at Harvard University
- Lynneth Solis, Ed.M.’10, Ed.D.’18, Senior Research Manager, Project Zero, HGSE
- Bo Stjerne Thomsen, Vice-President and Chair of Learning through Play, The LEGO Foundation
- Benjamin Mardell, Principal Investigator, Project Zero, HGSE We learn through play.
In play, we learn how to collaborate and negotiate rules and relationships. In play, we imagine, create, think flexibly and critically, and solve problems. Play provides important pathways for social, intellectual, physical, and emotional growth. Yet informal play and formal schooling are not always an easy combination. This session focuses on creating formal educational settings (preK through high school) where playful learning thrives.
Registration not required.
**Seating is first come, first seated.