When adopting the United Nations 2030 Agenda for Sustainable Development, Member States decided to undertake thematic reviews of progress on the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), including cross-cutting issues.
Member States have also decided that the HLPF, under the auspices of ECOSOC, would discuss a set of SDGs and their interlinkages, including with other Goals, with a view to facilitating an in-depth review of progress made on all SDGs over the course of a four-year cycle, with means of implementation, including SDG 17, reviewed annually.
In 2019, the HLPF, meeting under the auspices of ECOSOC (9-18 July), will finalize the first cycle of thematic reviews with in-depth analysis of the following SDGs:
- SDG 4. Ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote lifelong learning opportunities for all
- SDG 8. Promote sustained, inclusive and sustainable economic growth, full and productive employment and decent work for all
- SDG 10. Reduce inequality within and among countries
- SDG 13. Take urgent action to combat climate change and its impacts*
- SDG 16. Promote peaceful and inclusive societies for sustainable development, provide access to justice for all and build effective, accountable and inclusive institutions at all levels
- SDG 17. Strengthen the means of implementation and revitalize the global partnership for sustainable development
Major groups and stakeholders are invited to participate in an E-consultation on the SDGs under review at the 2019 HLPF via the links below.
The E-Consultation will serve to improve stakeholders’ access to information and promote broad and participatory engagement on the follow up and review of the 2030 Agenda implementation. It will complement/feed into other on-going processes for the
SDG-specific reviews, including Expert Group Meetings (EGMs) being organized by DESA/DSDG.
A limited number of questions are proposed for each SDG under review, and major groups and other stakeholders are invited to contribute concise and straightforward inputs. Inputs will be made publicly available .
A summary of main points identified through the e-consultations will be elaborated and disseminated by UNDESA/DSDG.