Date & Time:
Wednesday, September 25, 2019 - 8:00am to Saturday, September 28, 2019 - 2:00pm
Add to Calendar
American University of Beirut
Riad El-Solh 1107 2020Beirut
- Learn about the determinants of armed conflict and its impact on the physical and psychosocial health of children.
- Learn how colleagues and organizations respond to the challenges these children face through their journeys from countries of origin through transit and resettlement.
- Join child health professionals in discussing how to protect, and advocate for the rights of children in armed conflict.
- Connect with national and global organizations engaged in the response to the global epidemic of violence against children.
Major topic areas
- Evidence-based universal, targeted and indicated interventions in children affected by armed conflict.
- Building interdisciplinary systems of care through the journeys of children on the move, and their families.
- Advancing the rights of children.
- Conducting research in conflict zones. New epidemiological methodologies.
- Conflict resolution, intergenerational justice and reintegration of former “child soldiers”.
- Engaging with International organizations in the global response.
See the event flyer.
Learn more about the ISSOP 2019 program information, how to register and more.
In collaboration with: Faculty of Health Sciences; American University of Beirut; International Society for the Prevention of Child Abuse and Neglect; The Lebanese Pediatric Society; and the Faculty of Medicine, Saint Joseph University, Beirut.